3 Armed Mom

September 14th, 2010 at 5:30 pm by under Patrece’s Perspective, WTHI Blog

Just a random thought here. But, sometimes I think God should have given mothers three arms!

I was at a baseball tournament recently for both my boys and there I was carrying my purse (which is huge and full of their stuff), a cooler, a chair and a drink. My one son comes up to me and says “here Mom” as he hands me his bat bag. So, I put it over my shoulder.

Then, my other son is carrying a pretzel and cheese and says “can you hold this Mom”?  Are you kidding me?  Do I look like I can hold anything more? ha.

So, you see, if I had a third arm that would just come out of my body when I needed it ,then things would be a lot easier! I’m sure if you’re a mother then you know the feeling all too well!

Don’t think I’m strange. Just a thought I’d share with you. Don’t you agree? ha!!

Thanks for listening

Patrece

9 Responses to “3 Armed Mom”

1. Paula Grant says:

Patrece-

Know exactly what you mean!

2. sandy swaney says:

And this is why I love being a grandma!!!! lol

3. Tara MCCleland says:

Oh yeah! I only have one child and I think I need to be a 4 armed mom…(the fourth to carry the hubby’s stuff) Also need a 30 hr day instead of 24! ;)

4. krista says:

I comp. agree 3 arms wouldbe great to keep up with my son and hubby plus the things that I have to do for myself!

5. Toni Norris says:

That is so very true Patrece! I have three boys, and an extra arm sure would be nice sometimes! Thanks for sharing!

6. Ron says:

I’m retired army so I stay at home with our 5yr old son and my wife works. It’s every thing I can do to keep up him. My mother raised 9 of us with out having a break down I don’t know how she did it.

7. Sev says:

There is a 3rd way to hold things. Hold it in your mouth, will solve the problem and we wont have to hear the complaining. Or, better yet, stop having kids. Not aimed at Patrece particularly, but for all the people who complain about being overburdened by their children. Dont have them if its that much hassle.

8. chris says:

Sev…you’ve got to be kidding…..i think you missed the humor here. no one is complaining. in fact,sounds like to me they are in a good mood (unlike yourself) im guessing you have not had the awesome experience of raising a child, hmmm. i bet your the house no one would visit on holloween, due to your attitude. talk about putting something in your mouth….just sayin…

9. Dave Riley says:

I agree with Chris. I had the awesome opportunity to help raise my wifes children from another marriage. Softball, Little League, Soccer, you name it.
    My wife could have used a third arm. I offered to help, but she wouldn’t let me. Her love carried the burden. She commented sometimes of being overwelmed but she always says NOT overburdened! She carried a backpack as a purse for many years. Our children are grown now and I carry everything I can for her now.